My name is Lucie Bernard, I’m French but living in Berlin, Germany. I earned my PhD in Mathematics in June 2019 from the University of Tours, France.
My applied and theoretical research in statistics and probability is conducted to deal with problems faced by many industrial companies. This includes reliability analysis by numerical simulation, prediction of indicators of the profitability of a production and optimization of costs due to data collection.
My research interests
– Estimation of very small probabilities
– Simulation of rare events
– Monte Carlo methods
– Gaussian process regression – Kriging – Metamodel
– Computer simulation – Design of computer experiments
– Stochastic orders – Estimation of measures of risks
– Bayesian estimation – MCMC methods
– Uncertainty quantification
– Machine learning models